Fade haircut is the part of haircut where the hair is short enough that skin is visible through the hair. This length may vary slightly depending on the density and color of the hair.
Wonder how to choose a fade haircut? Please read our guides by step.
2. Talk to your barber
Explain your personal style. Firstly, ask the barber to explain the sort of look you are going for. With different types of fades that you want to get. For instance, high ,mid or low fade. After the barber know your personality and what aesthetic you want. Then you can get the haircut that you like.
- You can tell your profession and let the barber help you find a professional hairstyle.
- You can say “I am a teacher, I want a simple and capable hairstyle. Do you have any ideas?”.
Bring a picture to barber. Take a look at the people in the media to find out what type of fade cut you like the most. To visit pinterest get more photoes. There are a few suggestions to help you find the haircut what you suit.
- Chose a picture of someone with a similar facial structure as yours for the best result.
- If you’re not sure about your hair’s texture, bring in multiple photos of different people with the same haircut.
- Search online for different celebrities.
Determine the length of the hair. If you know the number for the buzzer or clippers, then tell your barber. Otherwise, just explain how short you want your hair to be on the sides, back, and top.
There are a few tips:
- Short fade: 1 or 2 sized clippers.
- A bit longer,: 4 or 5 sized clippers.
- It’s also a good idea to talk to the barber about the length you want.
Talk about fade in detail. You should tell the barber what you want type of fade. Every type of fade show different look. The barber will give their opinion about how they think it will look on you. You’d better to brought a picture, tell them about any deviations from the style that you’re showing them so that they know exactly how you want your hair cut. Or what you need to say:
- Taper the bottom almost down to skin.
- Keep some weight or length on the sides.
- Keep the top long, textured, and blended into the sides and back.
3. Start to fade cut
Consider the color of your scalp. If the color of the scalp is very different from the color of the neck and face, some fades may be bad for you. High and low fade effects are best for people with the same skin tone. If the scalp color is different from the face color, please consider using traditional fade or scissor fade.
Understand your hair. Thick, dense hair is the best hair for a fade cut. If you have straight or thin hair, it may be more difficult to get a good look. If you don’t have the optimal hair for a fade cut, you should gravitate towards a scissor or a temple fade as they will suit different types of hair.
Consider head shape. The higher your fade, the more your head will be the focus. Determine if you like the shape of your head and choose a fade cut that you like. If you don’t like the shape of your head then try a traditional fade cut or you can leave your hair a little longer. If you like the shape of your head, try a fade cut that shows more of your head shape.
Finally, if you want to individualize your style with detailing options. You can add shaved designs or hairline shaping. Then, you should ask your barber if they are able to do the detailing you want.